of all types of advertising materials (advertisements, radio and TV spots, outdoors, flyers, brochures, catalogues, sites, newsletters, press releases, claims and brand names for companies and products, etc.)
from English, French and Spanish into Portuguese (native) and from Portuguese (native) into English, French and Spanish*
in all kinds of published works in Portuguese
conception of handcrafted materials for thematic parties (invitations, menus, 3D cakes, decorative
conception of design materials for all type of events (logos, monograms, illustrations, invitations, flyers, menus, programs, etc.***
Campaign developed in the Portuguese schools, on behalf of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), to teach young teenagers how to implement a solidarity project in the surrounding community, title ‘Energia com Vida’ (Lively Energy).
Client EDP Gás, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 (6 editions).
Translation and Proofreading
25 years of Advertising and Marketing copywriting, translation and Proofreading experience
- Campaigns, Communication Plans, Marketing Strategies
- Advertising, Marketing and Communication Agencies such as W&R Marketing Advertising
(Portugal), Hogarth Worldwide (UK), Ogilvy Redworks (UK), Miles Group (Belgium), etc, and
clients such as Rolex, Grant Thornton, Honda, Nestle, Cadbury’s, Mc Donald’s, Sanrio, etc.
17 years of Medical translation and Proofreading experience
- Clinical Studies, Medical Instruments, Monitoring Systems, Questionnaires and other Medical
- Pharmaceutical Companies, Health Care Providers, Public or Private Health Medical Entities
such as Pfizer, Bayer, Tesaro, Yakult Central Institute for Microbiological Research, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, Grifols, CIVCO, Biogen Idec, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center,
11 years of Legal copywriting, translation and Proofreading experience
- Contracts, Mergers and Acquisitions, Terms and Conditions
- Law Firms, Financial Firms and Companies such as Cie and Esso Exploration (Angola),
Betchel Group Inc. and Danos and Curole Marine Contractors (USA), Seven Bank and Aioi Insurance (Japan), Ricoh (Europe), The Insolvency Service (UK), Contiva - accounting,
business administration and management society and IF- Financial Innovation (Portugal), etc.
Cosmetics, Environment, IT and many other specialization or working fields.
Please ask for my updated CV
Sara Sousa Soares Copywriter,
*Graduated in communication Sciences at UFP (Fernando Pessoa University), Porto, Portugal.
*Professional Internship/Training in Dividendo (Image and Communication Society) oriented by Artur Miranda andIsabel Jones.
* Invited by Wolfram Minnemann to join W&R (Marketing Advertising Team) as senior copywriter for 7 years.
*Also published some journalistic work collaborating with press editor Júlio Roldão.
* In academic experience, participation in congresses, seminars and training in the advertising and communication fields.
*Partnership on a regular basis with advertising agencies and communication groups, namely DESIGNARTE, DMP+ASO, LOJA DAS IDEIAS and W&R.
* Full time translator and proofreader.
* Works under the SSS - Copywriting Arts Trademark freelancing in communication and events.
Some regular clients
Transcreation and proofreading of campaign materials for The North Face, Timberland and Vans English into
Portuguese, August 2017 to present.
Proofreading of vacuum cleaner technical contents for Dyson, English into Portuguese, July
2016 to present.
Translation of packaging contents and other advertising supports for Intermarché, French into Portuguese, September 2015 to present.
Transcreation and proofreading of campaign materials for Diesel , English into Portuguese,
August 2015 to present.
Translation of corporate and promotional materials for Sergent Major, French into Portuguese,
June 2015 to present.